Choose Your Favorite Indie Novel

Choose Your Favorite Indie Novel
The Eternity Brigade by Stephen Goldin
Doodling by Jonathan Gould
The Coming of the Fairies by Niko Silvester
The Card A Van Stone Novel by Jim Devitt
Excelsior by George H Sirois
Plotz by Marshall Bruney
Cavern Between Worlds by M.K. Theodratus
Patches of Grey by Roy L. Pickering Jr.
Pandora's Grave by Stephen England
Toonopolis: Gemini by Jeremy Rodden
Heaven Sent by Xavier Leret
Savage Fire by Ben Langhinrichs
My Novel Affair by Autumn Rosen
The River Runes by Ken Lindsey
Maureen: A Vampire Tale by Mark Mackey
Banocanut by Dan Schwartz
Middlemen: Born of Mud by Elton Gahr
Splintered: Sierra's Legacy by Leslie Ann Wright
See Results

Search the Web

Custom Search

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Looking For A Publisher??? links included

So you have written the next great novel....now what?
Here is a link for The Association of American Publishers
Some of the information this site has is:
Information about them
Conferences and publications
Copyright
Digital Issues
Diversity
Government issues
International copyright protection
School division
Resources for publishers
and so so much more
So, I guess the next step after finishing the next great novel
would be trying to get it published,
but you might want to try to get a literary agent first.
Be careful when looking though,
PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST.
There are many scam artists out there.
I am including a couple of links,
but read EVERYTHING first.
Do not sign
until you understand
what they are capable of doing, et cetera.
Authorlink
The Association of Authors' Representatives, Inc.
Council for Wisconsin Writers, Inc.
Romance Writers of America
A piece of unsolicited advice for sure, but an important one.
If you have a book that you feel
fits in a certain category
or like for children an age range
remember to check out several bookstores
to see if they have something similar
to yours and the retail price range.
Keep in mind though that better known
authors, publishers, series of books sometimes
can demand a higher retail price.
In other words
shop around the stores, the publishers, the agents, the attorneys
to find one
YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH.
If you have any doubts or feel you are being pressured to sign then do not sign.
Trust that little voice in your head telling you something is not right.
The person or company may be an honest one,
but that does not mean the person or company is right for you.
They are in business to make money for themselves first then you.
If you have favorite authors
check and see who they sign with
and maybe start with that as a jumping off point.
Check with the company not the author.
There are books with publishers/agents lists
and you can always try the library to find listings too.

No comments:

Contests, Author, Book Signings, Etc. Information Wanted

I give honest reviews and always say whether I bought, won, or was given an advanced reader copy (ARC) or was just given a book by an author or as a gift. I am not a professional author, publisher, et cetera and as of this moment do not get paid for my reviews.

I did work in a book store for a while until it closed in January of 2009. I like to read and read a variety of books. I buy most of the books I read, but would love to receive ARCs or free books.

I read old and new books and there are only a handful of people who's reviews I enjoy reading and I do not let them influence me much (except in maybe I will pick up a book even if that reviewer does not like it). Everyone's taste is different and if I like something does not mean somebody else will.

If you are an author, publisher, blogger, or et cetera and would like me to read something of yours or want to add information to my blog please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you very much for reading and supporting my blog.

You may contact me through my e-mail



(marylsracine@aol.com or
schneidermaryl@yahoo.com or
private message me on Facebook).

AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Followers

Add To Myspace

HTML content to post goes here (e.g. text, images, objects, etc.)', 'http://www.myspace.com', 3)"> Post to MySpace! Share on MySpace!
Custom Search

Search the Web

Custom Search

My Bookshelf--I know a short list but I own sooooo many books to list right now

Widget_logo